A few thoughts that occurred to me while binging out on Jimi Hendrix at work over the last two days:
1. "Bold as Love" will teach you everything you need to kno…w about rhythm guitar.
2. Curtis Mayfield's importance in the pantheon of electric guitar is criminally underrated.
3. Hendrix's genius as a writer and arranger is still not fully appreciated in my opinion. Perhaps overshadowed by the sheer force of his onstage persona?
4. The Agwada Theorem: "A line drawn from any arbitrary pre-Hendrix point in African American Music history to any arbitrary point post-Hendrix must pass through Hendrix…"
5. Both style AND substance of similar measure to Hendrix's example are quite rare these days…